I have been seeing to dr. atoosa for the past 3 years as a chiropractor and medical acupuncturist. she’s an amazing person and very knowledgeable in what she’s doing."
Everything You Need To Start Your Journey
At Heal Physiotherapy & Chiropractic North York, we are dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
At our Toronto physiotherapy & Chiropractic clinic, we are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free!
To make an appointment at your convenience, simply call us today at 416-222-6729 or click here to book your appointment.
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with one of our practitioners for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with us. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, any imaging studies and reports, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
At Heal Physiotherapy & Chiropractic North York, there are a wide variety of different healthcare plans that we accept. As a courtesy to our patients, we will verify your health benefits prior to your arrival to determine if there will be a copay, deductible, or coinsurance for therapy services.
Do you have one of these insurance plans? We gladly accept the insurance plans listed below. If your plan is not listed, please call us at 416-222-6729 as we are always adding new insurance plans.
Please see below for insurance logos and information.
Additional Insurance companies that we work with: Blue Cross, Green Shield Canada, SSQ, EmpireLife
We have included most of the major plans with which we are in-network; however, this is not an all inclusive list. Please call the office to verify other insurance plans.
For those patients who do not have health insurance or those who have maxed out their benefits, we offer a private pay plan. Please contact Heal Physiotherapy & Chiropractic North York today for more information on our fees for service and payment details.
Disclaimer: While this is an extensive list, health plans do change regularly without prior notification. We recommend that you verify with your health plan what physiotherapy benefits you have available.
I began my rehabilitative care with Dr. Atoosa following an accident earlier this year. As a health care professional, I look for extremely high standards from my health care providers. Dr. Atoosa more than meets my standards and is very professional. During the Covid-19 lockdown, because of my acute/emergency care requirements, she continued to provide me with excellent care while strictly adhering to the Covid-19 guideline and protocols. With her amiable demeanor, she takes the time to listen, fully assesses your signs and symptoms, and provides the needed treatment(s). With her care, I am experiencing physical improvements and on the road to recovery. I definitely recommend Dr. Atoosa’s health care services.
- A. H.
Having been a patient of Dr.Atoosa for several years now, I can say that she provides quality care and truly wants the best for her patients. Dr.Atoosa goes above and beyond when it comes to her patients, is very personable, attentive, compassionate, and provides a holistic approach to care. Could not ask for a better chiropractor."
- Kassem R.
I have been a patient of Dr. Atoosa for 7 years. Her practice is one of caring and compassion. Posses a vast amount of knowledge up to date on current Research and newest techniques. A pleasure to know her and have her as my Doctor, highly recommend her."
- Elma M.
I got the best service and treatment here. Dr. Atoosa and her team are amazing and caring. I had improvements within short time. Highly recommend her."
- Melhem A.
Dr. Atoosa is very nice and she has trustworthy skills. The first time I met her my neck and back were in terrible condition, and after her constant treatment, I feel much better. These problems bother me much less than before."
- Wang R.
Been working with her for over 2 years, always receive the same friendly, high value professional care, advice and attention. Highly recommend her services."
- Farhan N.
Dr Atoosa is a caring and attentive practioner and has helped me improve my quality of life. She is non-judgemental and very easy to talk to. My pain has drastically changed and seeing her is a highlight of my busy work week."
- Bedas K.
Typically, the first session lasts for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Each session after that is approximately be 30 minutes. The amount of time will be based on your specific needs, and your therapist will discuss this with you.
Dress comfortably with clothes that allow easy access for the therapist to examine your problem areas.
For treatments, loose fitting clothes that are comfortable for gentle exercises and supportive sneakers are often good choices to wear.
Yes, in most cases it does. Heal Physiotherapy & Chiropractic North York will be happy to assist in contacting your insurance company and determining your coverage based on your individual policy.
For more information, visit our insurance plan page and please do not hesitate to contact our Toronto physiotherapy office. We do offer different payment options for your convenience.
Each patient’s diagnosis is different, so together with your referring physician, your therapist will develop a plan of care that is right for you.
Your plan of care and number of visits will be determined during your first visit and explained to you by our physiotherapist.
Yes, once you have completed your therapy sessions, your therapist will review your continuing home program and maintenance follow up treatments.
Please have your prescription and insurance card available when you call. This will allow us to verify your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
To bring on your first visit:
- Insurance information (we will make a copy of your card).
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, also bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim number.
- Fill out patient intake forms.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize your time in your evaluation.